1. How do I create an account for the Research Portal?
You have to click on the Log In/ Register Tab and choose whether you want to register as an individual or as an organisation and submit your application. Your application will be then vetted within 24hours for validation purposes and you will be then granted access to the portal.
2. How do I know if my application has been successfully submitted and accepted?
You will receive a prompt message stating that your application has been submitted successfully and that it will be vetted within 24 Hrs. You will then receive a welcome e-mail that you have been granted access to the portal and that your profile has been submitted.
3. What should I do if I forget my password or username?
If you have forgotten your password, please click on the ‘Forgotten your password?’ link, provide a valid e-mail address or your username and a new password with a link to the portal will be e-mailed to you. If you have forgotten your username, please click on the ‘Forgotten your username?’ link, provide a valid e-mail address and a new username and password with a link to the portal will be e-mailed to you. The link to change the given username or password expires within 24 hours.
4. How do I update and edit my profile details?
Clients must be logged in to the National Research Portal to edit their personal details. To access your personal details, click on the ‘Profile tab’ and then on ‘edit your profile’.
5. How do I use the search functionality?
This functionality allows you to search across your entire account and all throughout the portal or only within a specific field. Additionally, you can choose to only look at specific folders. This ‘search’ functionality is offered in order to allow clients to rapidly isolate particular content. You can search by First Name, Last Name, Keywords, Title, Organisation, File, Date, Main Research, Specialisation, Location and Country.
6. How long will it take before I can access my account?
The approval process will take 24 hours.
7. How do I look up a profile?
You can look up individual and organisation profiles via the search facility in the homepage of the portal or via the search facility in the profiles tab.
8. I need help using the Research Portal. Whom do I contact?
You can contact MCST via the ‘Contact Us’ tab in the homepage.
9. Will my information be lost as a result of changes or upgrades to the Research Portal?
10. How do I upload a publication?
You have to first ‘Log In’ the portal with your username and password and click on ‘My Profile’. From here you have the option to upload publications within the ‘Experience in R&I’ section.
11. How do I gain access to the Smart Specialisation Forum?
By sending an email to email@example.com.
You will need to be a registered PluMTri user.